Propertyscouts Auckland

INSUALTION? Do it now! Get up to 50% off. - 20th Dec 2017

INSUALTION? Do it now! Get up to 50% off. If you’re an Auckland landlord and you’re wondering about rental property insulation requirements? We can help you understand what we need to do now, and by 1st of July, 2019.

Right now, we need to make sure that you have a statement of what your insulation is. The current situation needs to be in the Tenancy agreement that we prepare for you. On the 1st of July, 2019, it will be mandatory that you fit all your properties with insulation in the ceiling and underfloor. WE HAVE A SPECIAL OFFER THAT CAN REDUCE THE COST OF INSUALTION BY UP TO 50%. Give John a call on 0800651851 for details.

Landlord Insulation Exceptions

As you would expect, there are some exceptions. In some homes, you don’t need to insulate the walls, ceiling, or the underfloor if it is impractical to do so. We can help you with this. For example, If your rental property has a concrete slab foundation, it’s not seen as essential that you install insulation under the floor because it’s not practical.

Compliance is important. If you don’t comply with these regulations, it’s considered an unlawful act. The financial penalty can be up to $4,000. Let us, your Rental Property Manager company make sure that your property is compliant now and in the future.

What is a compliant Insulation?

The terminology given to the quality of insulation is called an R value. It’s a measure of thermal resistance, or its ability to retain heat. This is important because we landlords will need to adhere to certain minimum R values when we select the type of insulation to install in our properties. We are property investors too, so we are all in this together.

If there is no insulation there whatsoever, the R value of the insulation you install in the ceiling would need to be a minimum of 2.9, and the minimum R value for insulation underfloor would need to 1.3. For a home that already has insulation but needs to be topped up or upgraded, there are different standards. A timber frame house would need ceiling insulation with an R value of at least 1.9, and the floor would need to be 0.9. In a masonry style home, the R value in the ceiling would need to be a minimum of 1.5, and underfloor insulation would need to be at least 0.9.

The Solution? Call John 0800 651851


« Back to News
site powered by - Turboweb :: Simple Web Manager